- The bond with old friends is truly amazing.
2. Don’t respond right away in difficult situations. Sometimes, don’t respond at all.
3. Have minimal contact with negative or energy-draining people.
4. Your relationship with yourself is the most important relationship of your life.
5. You don’t know what other people are dealing with, so try to avoid judgment and be kind.
6. If other people don’t like you, that’s their problem, not yours.
7. Figure out your relationship with money and stay on top of it.
8. Be direct with other people as much as possible.
9. Put yourself out there, talk to strangers, and make new friends on airplanes.
10. No one loves you like your family does.
11. Pets are a huge part of my happiness.
On Life and Caring for Myself:
12. Don’t scrimp on skincare and sunscreen.
13. Figure out the difference between self-care and self-indulgence and parent yourself.
14. Practice yoga, meditation, and gratitude every day.
15. Look after your body now.
16. When you say YES to others, make sure you’re not saying NO to yourself.
17. Prioritize time for yourself because no one else will.
18. Quit doing things that you really don’t want to do.
19. Don’t fracture your attention and focus…it will just mean that you complete nothing or complete a bunch of things poorly.
20. However, done is better than perfect sometimes.
21. Be willing to examine why you feel uncomfortable.
22. Embrace uncertainty.
23. You are responsible for your own happiness.
24. You get to choose if you will have a good day.
25. A tidy and clean environment makes me happier and more relaxed.
26. Read books instead of watching TV.
27. Wear whatever you want.
28. Believe in the mysterious, amazing, and unknown…you don’t need to understand it.
29. Who I was when I was 5 years old is probably pretty much who I am now.
On Travel and Adventures:
30. Travel as much as you can.
31. Choose experiences over things every single time.
32. Have adventures when you’re young(ish) so that you’ll have great memories and stories to tell when you’re older.
33. Make your own fun.
On Taking Risks and Being Brave:
34. Things will always work out in the end.
35. Leap and the net will appear!
36. If you don’t do it in this lifetime, when will you?
37. Have huge ideas and big dreams. Manifest what you want.
38. Build it and they will come–sometimes you have to create what you want to be part of.
39. Don’t be afraid of change–instead be afraid of being in the same place five years from now.
40. Feeling nervous is a sign that you’re about to do something important–not a sign that you shouldn’t do it.
41. You don’t have to have it all figured out–just do the next right thing.
42. Challenge yourself–you won’t know if you can do it unless you try.
43. Do scary and hard things. You’ll look back on them later as some of the most exhilarating and truly alive times of your life.